Growing up my parents were pretty strict. I hated it then, but now that I have grown up and have children of my own I understand why they did some of the things that they did. I will be the first to admit that my parents spoiled us probably more than we deserved sometimes. They always made sure that we got whatever we wanted or needed. We have always taken fun family vacations‘. Don’t get me wrong we were not spoiled rotten brats, we were raised with manners and to respect others, and to take care of our responsibilities.
My friends use to call my mom the Nazi because she was always making sure our chores, and homework were done. She had her opinions on our friends that she made known. If my mom didn’t like them she wouldn’t let us do anything with them. Back then I hated her for it, but I understand everything now. Dad was usually the go to man to with any complaint about mom because we were Daddys little girls and he protected us from our mean Mommy lol...but there were times that didn't always work!
She gave us chores to teach us responsibility and also to help us learn how to care of a home we would some day have. Which I am so glad that I learned then instead of waiting until now. Because of that I know how to clean and keep my home nice and organized. I am so grateful for that because with two little ones it is easier to know that everything has its place and in its place is where you will find it!
There were some times that I absolutely hated my parents and could not fathom why they would “treat” me like that. Some things seemed like they were so unfair at the time. When I was in middle school I hated my art class with a passion. I hated the teacher even more. She was a lesbian and I thought that was the most repulsive thing ever, and avoided all possible contact with her. I ended up failing that class two quarters in a row because of that. My parents didn’t buy my excuses and I was grounded from all of my music until the next report card. They might as well have shot me in the middle of the street! Music was my life I LOVED IT! So finally I got sick of being without it and sucked it up and managed to pull an A for the following quarter! Not only did that teach me a lesson about doing what needs to be done to get what you want, it taught me that I can not be so judgmental on people. I can not imagine how hard it must have been for my parents to keep up with me and make sure that I was not sneaking c.d players into the house. I got busted every time I did it! It may not have seemed like I learned anything from those lessons back in the day then or maybe even now, but I know eventually everything will all make perfect sense!
My parents have done so much for me and I am so grateful to have them! They have been there for me through thick and thin, and helped me with some things that are way above and beyond their call of duty. Like raising my son is the greatest thing that they have done, and they didn’t have to. They did it because they wanted to, to make sure that I succeeded and was able to have a full and happy life, and so that my son could have that too. They have also given me a place to stay when I have been down on my luck. And they have helped me so much with my two kids that I have now! More than I can say that their other half the family has ever considered helping with. There have been some times when I seriously have counted all of my change up and put it in the gas tank, just so I could go to work, but then was left with no money for diapers or wipes for the kids, or daycare fees. I am not the type of person who is going to say Hey I need some help can you barrow me some money. That just is not me, I don’t like feeling like I can not provide for my family. My parents just have this intuition and they are like Hey I know you need this, and I am going to help you with it even if you don’t want me to. I don’t think my parents could ever understand how much it means to me when they help me!
Some people are just so clueless and take things like that for granted. I hate when I hear people whining and complaining about how much they can’t stand someone, but when you look at the bigger picture that someone they can’t stand is the only reason they have a roof over their head and money in their pocket. Because they care about them enough to support them because they are too lazy to go find a job or are too busy doing other things to realize what they have. It really is sad how some people give and give and in the end they get treated like the bad one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I know you want to say something