Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Getting back onto the right path

The last couple of weeks I have started to going to church again. When I was younger my family went every Sunday. And ever since Seth passed we haven't really gone a whole lot. Of course when I was younger I never paid much attention to the sermons. Now that I am older I have started to listen and I can apply the message to things in my own life. Sunday before last the message was about Gods plan. The weirdest part of that was that before I had even made my decision to go to church something had made me start thinking about Gods plan. All on my own I just started thinking about it.


I am a single mother of two young children which is no easy task. I do everything on my own. I am the good guy & the bad guy, I pay the bills, clean the house, cook, and everything else inbetween all on my own. I was thinking about how I ended up in this situation. I thought of ways that I could have avoided it. The more and more I thought the more I realized how I would have been destined to meet my children’s father. One of my best guy friends from high school was good friends with my children’s fathers twin brother. One of my absolute best friends ever was their fathers roommate (which is how I did meet him). Brandon’s twin brothers fiancĂ©' at the time is friends with tons of my friends that I went to college with. And my best girl friend at the time was really good friends with Brandon's best friends mother. And another of my girl friends was also good friends with Brandon’s best friends family. There were four likely ways that I was going to meet him. I am sure if I were to dig deeper there would be other possibilities. I am sure that each different path would have produced a different story but I bet each story would have produced the same children at the same times. I was in absolute amazement at the idea. I kind of just blew the whole thing off though.
A few days later I decided that this Sunday was the Sunday that my children and I were going to attend church. When the pastor started the sermon my jaw about hit the ground when he started to talk about Gods plan. Like I have said before I have never claimed to be overly religious in anyway, but was this Gods way of leading me back to him and helping me to renew my faith and trust in him? Maybe it was coincidental, but I really do think that it was Gods subtle way of reassuring me, and helping me to get back onto the right path in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you want to say something