Monday, July 12, 2010

Wherever You Will Go

Eight years ago I lost my best friend in the whole world to suicide.  I used to be really depressed about it, and was hardly able to function.  Some how I managed to pull myself together and I can handle it gracefully now.  Some days I don't even think about him once while others I think about him constantly.  I always carry his lighter with me in my purse.  It seems like a small little thing, but really it is huge.  I smoked my first ciggerette with that lighter, and he smoked his last with it.  After 8 years that lighter is still working and its just a cheapo bic lighter.  Granted I don't use it very much and I won't let anyone else use it, but even still 8 years is a long life for  a lighter! 
Before he actually followed through with this he told me he was going to do it.  I didn't believe him, I didn't think he was capable of such a thing.  When he was talking about it this song came on the radio, and he said this song makes me think of what will happen to you after I am gone, and then he started singing along with the radio.  I will never ever forget hearing him singing that to me.  After he was gone whenever I would hear that song I would just stop and think of him like it was his way of letting me know that he is with me.  I heard that song today while I was tanning, and it brought a tear to my eye, but a smile to my face knowing that he is somewhere thinking about me!  I love you & miss you so much Seth Thomas <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAP9AF6DCu4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know you want to say something